We currently provide CNC cutting and 3D printing services to the Yale community. Our capabilities include:
- Abrasive Water Jet Cutting and Laser Cutting: We have one high pressure abrasive water jet cutter, and a medium power laser cutter. These can be best thought of as computer-controlled bands saws; they are largely used to cut through flat material stock. The laser cutter can also be used to etch various materials.
- 3D Printing: We have a small selection of 3D printers with a variety of materials to print with, including a resin based SLA printer.
- Electronics prototyping: We have experience with a variety of electronics monitoring and control systems.
- General design work: We have designed instruments and parts for groups across campus.
- Training: We put on a variety of workshops throughout the year that anyone can sign up for.
Please visit the linked pages for more information.
If there are other rapid prototyping services that you are interested in please contact us and we may be able to help you either directly, or find a source for what you need.